peaceful memory peaceful memory

Hmm.

Great intro, I don't think it should have been repeated that soon though.

It's too short to be considered an actual song, for me, as the whole thing sounded like it was just looped/played twice. I'd just call this a little melody or something.

You should consider lengthening this and adding progression, themes, all that good stuff.

Other than that, awesome playing.

ForgetfulNights responds:

yea, eventually i'll work on making it into a longer piece, thanks for your input!!

-Orr- Vitality -Orr- Vitality

Haha

The melody is genius... but it's so simple. D:

Really repetitive... but that's perfect; It shows off the genius melody.

DavidOrr responds:

Thanks for the review!

Concerto for Marimba Concerto for Marimba

Hmm.

Concerto, by definition, is typically any soloing instrument accompanied by an orchestra or ensemble, often times strings or woodwinds. This lacked any sort of Orchestra or Instrumental Ensemble. It also doesn't help for you that I simply HATE when people write some techno or metal song and just slap some musical term onto it; But at least this had a soloing instrument. Meh...

This is also hardly Classical. I would actually categorize this as ambient or miscellaneous.

The melody had some pretty spots, but most of the time is was just randomness and lacked musical structure. Keep working at it.

Teh litterbox has phailed Teh litterbox has phailed

This...

...Should be on the Internet soundtrack.

cat-bastards responds:

Iz da gud stuff! >:(

moonlight Sonata (Metal) moonlight Sonata (Metal)

heh

Aside from some weird spots, the overall melodies were actually pretty cool.

Now, I really hate most of the samples and virtual instruments you used here because they sounded far too digital. Poor tone can always deprecate the song itself, unfortunately.

The drum solo wasn't great. It had no rhythmic structure. Drums are more complicated than people think; Solos aren't just a bunch of random hitting.

It this was played or written with recordings, it would sound a hell of a lot better!

Also... this is not a Sonata. Haha.

uten responds:

I agree with all those who voted 'usless' all you're doing is typing three paragraphs of complaining and nothing else, at least put criticism or critique if you can't do that, than why did you even bother reviewing this? it's pointless.

by the way if you really think it sucks than buy some recording equipment and lets see you do better.

also why did you vote '8' if you don't like the instruments?

Indiana Jones Theme - RotLA Indiana Jones Theme - RotLA

It's alright.

The samples sound like they're pretty good, but they aren't being utilized to their fullest abilities.

This is a very good remake, but it definitely does not do Mr. John Williams justice.

Beacon515L responds:

Well, the Timpani and Brass was all soundfonts, so it was a bit of an experiment. An experiment which I thought turned out fair alright. XD

Aaron Opfer - Themenothol Aaron Opfer - Themenothol

Good.

It's good, but it's nothing special.

The instruments and transitions/effects/blahblah were pretty cool. Some of the melodies even were pretty lovely, but overall it just wasn't terribly exciting.

Haven't listened to your other stuff, but if they're like this, I can tell you to work on variety a little. But again, it's good.

Carvellas Castle Carvellas Castle

Kick ass!

I can SO hear this in a Megaman X game. It's not that it's Video-gamish, it's just that the music in those games were kinda like this.

Really beautiful tone. Melodies were awesome. I actually really like! Awesome!

If you have spare time, take a look at my latest song. I would appreciate it! http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/liste n/150848

returning from war returning from war

I like it.

It's very warm and driving. I like the melody.

Not seeing the soldiers, sorry, xD... but it's still a fantastic song. Good job!

If you have the time, review me back please. Would be much appreciated! http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/liste n/150848

Approaching Storm Approaching Storm

Pretty cool.

Nice "rainy" feel. Awesome thunderstorm sounds and effects.

Overall song was pretty cool. Very upbeat and energetic. Liked the synths. Slightly repetitive, not bad. Great job!

If you have a moment, review me back. I would greatly appreciate it! http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/liste n/150848

Geoplex responds:

Thankyou.
Yea, ive always had a problem with repetition in my songs.
Thanx for the reveiw :D