Tajjet ~ Paladin Tajjet ~ Paladin

Fair

The melodies aren't anything special, but what's there is good.

Some of the instruments were out of sync and sometimes stopped abruptly. (Obviously not referring to the spots where you paused for effect).

It's alright under ambient, but it's too simple for the actual style that it is.

In any case, good job.

tajjet responds:

The instrument quality is pretty choppy now that I play it again... I used a sustain-pedal there... I guess trying to use 4 tracks just doesn't work in G-Band.

Pookiemans Pookiemans

lol

Would you like me to heal all of your Pokemon?

This will take a few moments...

Thank you, we hope to see you again!

Im Not Alone Im Not Alone

Great.

Snare drum is too busy. Snare drum plays the back beat to keep time. Messing with it too much may make it hard to find the beat. The hi hat was a little tight for this style. I would have gone with a soft, loose hi hat, or even just a light ping ride instead. Basically, the drums lacked variety and weren't very expressive.

Melodies were fantastic. Good job!

Earthbones Earthbones

It's fine.

Some of the samples were used improperly. Especially the French Horn technique; Not really meant to be used as a melody. That kinda took away from the music for me because it just sounded weird.

This is a great show tunes type piece. It's not really a song. I can definitely see why it's been used in multiple flashes.

The brass samples you used weren't really up to par with the other samples you were using, which kinda unbalanced the quality of the piece within instruments.

Really great piece though. It was very fun to listen to!

.portals. .portals.

...

Makes me want to play Doom 3.

performance track 2 performance track 2

Nice job.

Fantastic work! You obviously know your musical theory.

Not much I can really say was wrong with this. You should definitely consider lengthening this up a bit sometime.

Where the Green Grows Where the Green Grows

It's pretty good.

Not much of an overall structure, but a lot of the melodies that were in there sounded pretty good. Still a really great song and I enjoyed listening to it!

I'm sure this sounds how you wanted it to, but I would like to hear something by you that's a little less "solo-like".

If you have a couple spare minutes, take a look at my song titled The Eve of June {Version 2}.

DmNt responds:

Thank you. To be honest, I think it is kind of unorganized. But it still sounds good to me. I will check out your song. :)

Times Are Changing Times Are Changing

Pretty cool!

Regarding the guy who said the voices were annoying: They wouldn't have been annoying if there was some rapping going on. So I agree with him partly on that.

But the beat and the melodies are kickass. Consider rapping to this, it would sound awesome. Good job!

Sirhc7000 responds:

Thx a lot for the review. Yea it wud be annoying it this was a song in itself but, ur right its meant to rap on.

I'm not much of a rapper myself but If anybody wants to spit on it they could just PM me. iss w/e.

I apprieciate the kind words.

Fucking Metal (farcrydx) Fucking Metal (farcrydx)

Pretty Good

It's alright. Lacks definite structure and flowing transitions; seemed like you were almost just throwing different melody sections in there. It probably would have been easier for you to lock into an easy flowing structure if you had vocals along with it.

It seems like you have a fairly good grasp of how metal works. You should try some more complex stuff like Symphonic Black Metal.

Drums are well written. Great for this style. Perfectly equalized, in my opinion.

Crystone Caverns Crystone Caverns

Good

It's a catchy song. Would sound great in a video game.

I absolutely love the drum beat. it's simple but just sounds awesome.

Now... There was a really abrupt transition at 52 that made me go 'wtf'. Getting a better transition in there wouldn't hurt anything. Also, the pad used in the section after 52 sounded weird in some spots (adding a touch of reverb would clear up that problem).

The change in drum beat at 2:17 was weird. Too abrupt. In my opinion, keeping your original drum beat throughout would be perfect.

Other than that, great song!

Ric-Olzow responds:

Thanks! Maybe I should've put this in video game catagory...

As for your suggestions, I take them to heart, as i try to figure out just how to perfect this song. =)